May 18, 2009

Standing out in the crowd

While I have to say that Dustin's dragons are my favorites of his images, occasionally he does a non-dragon that makes me smile even without color. This little chameleon did just that the first time I saw him. I knew i would have to have him. In my obscure facts reading I discovered that the chameleon's name has nothing to do with his color changing abilities. Wikipedia has the complicated translations, but it all boils down to "ground lion". Not at all what I think of when I hear about chameleons!

ChameleonYou might think my color choices for this little guy are a bit off beat, but according to Wiki their colors can include the orange and blue I used along with pink, red, green, black, brown, yellow and turquoise. Some chameleons use their color changing for camouflage, others use it to communicate. With a card as bright as this, there is no blending in. My little guy is telling the world to Cheer Up!

One of my fellow DT members, Michelle Redman, turned me on to Digital Stamp Tuesdays. It's great challenge blog for using your digital images. Last week's challenge is to use a non-traditional fold for your card. Since my bright little fellow here was standing out, I figured he should go non-traditional as well. He's mounted on a traditional gate fold card that's gotten rebellious and turned on the side. If you look very closely (click for a larger image), you can see the seam running horizontally across the middle of the card.

Non-traditional apparently translates to "difficult to photograph". I tried several angles and different setups, but every time I stepped away from the card to take the picture...it fell over. I finally gave up and stuck it in the scanner. So it's a bright, friendly card that's fun to open and impossible to photograph without at least four hands. Still, I think it's the perfect card to brighten someone's day.

Check out Michelle's blog for a fun non-traditional fold and a sneak peek and new Dustin images!

As for me, I'm still working my way through my Die Cuts with a View Citrus pad. I do love it's bright, fun, glittery patterns! Cardstock is American Crafts, Gina K. Pure Luxury for the images, Nesties, Prima flowers and Creative Cafe buttons.

8 comments:

Michelle Redman said...

Totally love your little guy!! He is so beautifully colored!! Thanks for linking your site to mine!!

Have a great day!!
Michelle

Michelle Redman said...

BTW, thanks for joining us at the DTC!!

Ellibelle said...

This is too cute. I love the colors you chose for the card. So bright and cheery!

Anjou Krelovich said...

Lovely colors! Wonderful job! Thanks for joining us at DTC!

Emma said...

Wow fab card, I love the image and colours.
Thanks for joining us at DTC and good luck.
Emma x

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is fabulous! I love the image with the papers you used! Thanks for playing the DTC!

Carisa said...

omg, this is TOO cute! I love the coloring and everything. Great job - thanks for playing with us a DTC!

Lana Clarke said...

Vee this is so great and interesting to know what Chameleon actually means..
Hugs
Lana x